Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Books - Well not a book today, but an article in theMarch issue of Architectural Record discussing the history of the library building and how the digital age is changing the building. It seems that library usage is up, even with the introduction of Kindles and other electronic books. People are using the library as a place to congrgate rather than a place to get their books.

Mr. Mom tips - Sometimes it is ok to bribe your children to get them to nap, which in turn allows you to nap.

Boys - Nothing too exciting here except that all of them are still alive, healthy and accounted for after today.

Life in general - If you haven't figured it out yet, the blog today comes from Daniel. I got to play Mr. Mom today while Heather was substitute teaching. I had a day planned full of TV, bon-bons, Facebook, Craig's List, People of Walmart and sleeping. Boy was I wrong! I started with a scramble to get all three boys up, dressed and in the car to get L to the school bus. Succcess! Then back home to feed the other two. A little playtime before heading to the library for story hour. I was expecting to get together with all the stay at home moms after story hour for wine while the children napped, but they all laughed at me when I suggested it :( We made it home for lunch and nap time. Finally some time to relax...wrong...ok maybe a little, but I promised Heather that I would do a little work while home today. I did get the laundry folded and much of it put away and two other loads washed. Next I had to watch Thomas because B woke up from his nap and it was time to cash in the bribe, then off to pick up L from school. Now we just sit here and wait for Heather to come home so things can get back to normal. I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow. I never did find the bon-bon stash.

2 comments:

  1. Dan, you must not be looking hard enough! Even B found the chocolate! Keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Tyler's Mom, I did find L's Kit Kat's, but what kind of a person would steal their seven year old's birthday candy?

    ReplyDelete