Total Pageviews

Friday, February 25, 2011

February 25, 2011

Thinking about trying to stick with the same format each time: Books, Mom hints, boys, life in general. Will try that for a while :)

Book - Counting on Grace - a book I downloaded for free on my droid 2 from the Wilbor website through the library. Great read about a 12 year old girl and her family that work in a factory in the late 1800's. Kind of a plucky, spunky little thing, told from her point of view. Enlightened me as to the child labor laws and their beginnings.

Mom Hints - Diaper Bag organization - I use quart size freezer bags to put an entire outfit in, socks, onsie, top and bottoms. This way, if there is a blowout or a bad spit up, the entire outfit is in one spot - no digging! Since I have 2 boys still possibly needing outfits, I wrote their names on the bags. This also makes it easier for husbands, grandmas and childcare providers. As an added bounus, you have a bag to put the yucky clothes in, so the yuck does not get on the rest of your stuff :)

Boys - they continue to keep me busy. Little B and I got to snuggle a bit this AM, that was nice. No funny story about him today. Baby S is army crawling a lot! He is just starting to pull himself up, but not really sure what to do when gets there. L is really into the book The Name of this Book is Secret. Luckily, there are 2 more books in the series, need to find him a new one.

Life in General - I get to play teacher this afternoon. I sub about once a quarter, to keep current. I am subbing half day in a 5th grade classroom this afternoon. Hope not too many of them are taller than I am ;) I taught 5th grade during my 5th year of my 12 years of teaching.

Hope you have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment